For the last 15 years we helped over 350 innovative mid-size western companies to grow their businesses in Turkey. Precisely, we speed up sales, recruit the team, put in place the infrastructure and we eventually secure fundraising for future expansion.
Our goal is to deliver quick results in the most cost-efficient way. It starts with sales and an initial roadshow with clients in Turkey with whom we have built a trust-based relationship. It is an opportunity for our partners to validate their value proposition and close the first sales. It also allows us to get direct market insights into whether the products/services meet the Turkish market needs.
We have found this to be the most effective way to build the foundation of our partnership. After the initial roadshow, we identify and recruit the core team to lead the operations. Our focus for the first 12 months is to execute the business plan that we have jointly agreed on.
who are we?
As we are all aligned towards the same objectives, we have designed the structure to share success and give flexibility to our partners.
Like-minded entrepreneurs with over 25 years of track record
We bring a unique combination of entrepreneurship and experience to the table, which enables us to be a strong and reliable partner. We place great value in working with people we respect and trust.
We also leverage on our Turkish network of excellent relationships: senior executives, advisors, business partners, investors, acquirers or acquisition targets – and can connect you to make a difference. Our deep industry relationships are a big asset to our partners!
WHY TURKEY NOW?
Turkey, over the past 20 years, have seen the rise of a middle-class consumer with a higher degree of sophistication, especially with regards to purchasing behavior. There is a growing appetite for international brands engaging consumers through an omni-channel fashion.
In comparison to western markets, we see a strong trend towards faster adoption of new technologies and more innovative business models. The disaggregation of industries’ value chain has created tremendous opportunity for innovative western start-ups to insert themselves at critical points to create value for their corporate clients.
TURnKEY is uniquely placed and suited to accelerate this process all over Turkey.
• Booming economy; more than tripling its GDP, reaching USD 720 billion in 2015, up from USD 231 billion in 2002 (TurkStat)
• Stable economic growth with an average annual real GDP growth rate of 4.7 percent between 2002 and 2015 (TurkStat)
• Promising economy with a bright future as it is expected to become one of the fastest growing economies among the OECD members during 2016-2017 with an average annual real GDP growth rate of 3.8 percent (OECD, June 2016)
• A population of 78.7 million (2015, TurkStat)
• Half the population under the age of 31 (2015, TurkStat)
• Young, dynamic, well-educated and multi-cultural population
QUALIFIED AND COMPETITIVE LABOR FORCE
• Over 29.7 million young, well-educated and motivated professionals (2015, TurkStat)
• Increasing labour productivity
• Approximately 733,000 students graduate annually from over 193 universities (2015, CoHE) and More than 950,000 high school graduates (2015, Ministry of National Education)
LIBERAL AND REFORMIST INVESTMENT CLIMATE
• The 2nd biggest reformer among OECD countries in terms of its restrictions on FDI since 1997 (OECD FDI Regulatory Restrictiveness Index 1997-2015)
• Business-friendly environment with an average of 7.5 days to set up a company, while the average in OECD members is more than 15 days (World Bank Doing Business Report 2016)
• Highly competitive investment conditions and equal treatment for all investors
• New and highly-developed technological infrastructure in transportation, telecommunications and energy
• Railway transport advantage to Central and Eastern Europe
• Well-established transportation routes and direct delivery mechanism to most of the EU countries
• A natural bridge between both East-West and North-South axes, thus creating an efficient and cost-effective outlet to major markets
• Easy access to 1.6 billion customers in Europe, Eurasia, the Middle East and North Africa
• Access to multiple markets worth USD 24 trillion of GDP
ENERGY CORRIDOR AND TERMINAL OF EUROPE
• An important energy terminal and corridor in Europe connecting the East and the West
• Located at a close proximity of more than 70 percent of the world’s proven primary energy reserves, while the largest energy consumer, which is Europe, is located right to the west of Turkey, thus making the country a linchpin in energy transit and an energy terminal in the region
LOW TAXES & INCENTIVES
• Corporate Income Tax reduced from 33 percent to 20 percent
• Tax benefits and incentives in Technology Development Zones, Industrial Zones and Free Zones, including total or partial exemption from Corporate Income Tax, a grant on employer’s social security share, as well as land allocation and R&D and Innovation Support Law
• Incentives for strategic investments, large-scale investments and regional investments
CUSTOMS UNION WITH THE EU SINCE 1996
• Customs Union with the EU since 1996 and Free Trade Agreements (FTA) with 27 countries (Ministry of Economy)
• More FTAs underway
• Accession negotiations with the EU
LARGE DOMESTIC & CONNECTED MARKET
• 48.6 million broadband internet subscribers in 2015, up from 0.1 million in 2002
• 73.6 million mobile phone subscribers in 2015, up from 23 million in 2002 (TurkStat)
• 181 million airline passengers in 2015, up from 33 million in 2002 and 35.6 million international tourist arrivals in 2015, up from 13 million in 2002 (TurkStat)
We are proud to donate 1% of our turnover for environmental causes.